Have you ever been treated unkindly? We live in a world that values kindness but struggles to actually be kind. Kindness can change a heart, change someone’s mind, and change the world. Tune in to the podcast with Greg Atkinson as we talk about how to make the world a better place with 10 keys to kindness.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the episode:
- We live in a world that values kindness but struggles to actually be kind.
- We have the power within us to be extraordinarily kind, to be the people of God we were meant to be, to demonstrate over-the-top kindness that goes the extra mile.
- We must learn to tap into that secret place within us where kindness, love, and peace dwell.
- Bad things happens when you’re not intentional.
- Kindness begins with forgiveness, both for yourself and others.
- How you deal with the trauma and pain in your life—including how you respond to it—will shape your life presently and in the future.
- You can become bitter or better. Kindness is the remedy, and forgiveness is the antidote.
- Kindness is contagious. Kindness unlocks kindness.
- Kindness is the prerequisite for making a difference.
- Romans 8:6 (NIV) “The mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.”
- Proverbs 15:1 (NIV) “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”
- Colossians 4:6 (NIV) “Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The Secret Power of Kindness: 10 Keys to Unlocking Your Capacity to Change the World by Greg Atkinson
- The Hem of His Garment: Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion 5-Day Devotional Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the AWSA 2023 Inspirational Gift Book of the Year Award, the Christian Literary Awards Reader’s Choice Award in four categories, and the Christian Literary Awards Henri Award for Devotionals
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Greg Atkinson:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order book The Hem of His Garment / Order book Today is Going to be a Good Day / Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Order Book Hope Prevails Bible Study / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Greg Atkinson is an author, speaker, pastor, coach and consultant. He is the Founder and CEO of Worship Impressions, the First Impressions Conference, as well as the Co-Founder of the Social Media Church Conference. He has been featured in Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, Christianity Today, and on CBS, FOX, and NBC.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson