Does the busyness of the holiday season leave you zapped of peace and joy?
How do you take care of yourself in the midst of all the holiday preparations?
When you’re giving out gifts to others, give a few gifts to yourself as well.
15 self-care tips for taking care of yourself this Christmas.
1. Pray for God to give you the strength and stamina to accomplish all He has for you to do in a day.
2. Prepare yourself by spending time in God’s presence each morning.
3. Just say no. Allow yourself the freedom to make the best yes for you and your family.
4. Choose clothing options that make you feel good about yourself even on the busiest of days.
5. Narrow down your tasks and activities. Keep the ones that have the greatest importance. Let the other ones go.
6. Mark your calendar with “me time.” Read a good book. Relax in a hot bath.
7. Set the tone in your home with your favorite candle and soothing music.
8. Don’t cut your sleep short. Keep a consistent sleep schedule so you have the energy and mental fortitude to accomplish your tasks each day.
9. Pay attention to what you tell yourself. Don’t give in to negativity.
10. Remember the grace you give others? Give grace to yourself as well. If you fail at something today, remember God’s mercies are new each morning.
11. In the busyness of the holidays, it’s easy to grab snacks that are full of sugar. Plan in advance to have healthy treats on hand that boost your energy.
12. Schedule a few minutes of physical exercise each day. Even 15 minutes will lift your mood and combat fatigue.
13. Take time to enjoy the simple things in life. Go caroling with your family. Watch your favorite Christmas movie.
14. Break the routine! Give yourself the freedom to do something different.
15. Plan one day each week to take a break from holiday preparations. Ask God to help you get more done in six days than you would in seven.
With a little bit of planning, you can give yourself a gift of love this season. And, keep the peace and joy that God offers.
Which gifts will you choose to give yourself?
Because of Him, #HopePrevails!
Depression doesn’t have to become a permanent part of life.
There is hope.
Hope Prevails: Insights From a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression and the companion Hope Prevails Bible Study help the reader understand how depression comes to be, recover their joy, reclaim their peace, and re-establish their true identity, while knowing their worth, remembering their secure destiny, and being confident that nothing separates them from God’s love.
“If you or a loved one are walking through the valley of depression, be encouraged that you are not alone. Dr. Michelle Bengtson has provided a powerful resource to help you on your journey toward hope. It is a personal and positive book, as you learn from Dr. Bengtson’s own story as well as her practical knowledge in the field. I love how she shares a prescription, a prayer and a playlist at the end of each chapter to give you an extra boost of strength. Hope Prevails is a must read for every person who struggles with depression.” ~ Karol Ladd, Author of Thrive, Don’t Simply Survive