As the tears flow and you feel alone, remember God loves you and nothing will ever change that fact! The enemy may whisper lies to you, but you can proclaim God’s truth to overcome the lies of the enemy! There is hope! Read more for scriptures to remind you of God’s great love for you. Print them out, memorize them, and proclaim God’s truth over your life. The enemy won’t be convinced until you are convinced!
I feel your heartache and I know your pain.
As your tears flow and you feel alone, remember God’s truths.
5 truths to remind you that God loves you
- Know that God has promised never to leave you (Hebrews 13:5.)
- When you look around you and wish you were more like them, remember that God delights in you (Zephaniah 3:17.)
- When you feel stressed and overwhelmed, take comfort in knowing that God has promised that because He has begun a good work in you, He will see it through to the end. He won’t give up on you (Philippians 1:6.)
- When you feel like a failure, or like you are not measuring up, don’t give up. You can do anything with God’s help (Philippians 4:13.)
- The truth is, those thoughts and feelings you’ve been having (that you are alone, that you aren’t good enough, that you can’t handle the stress, that you are a failure, etc.) are lies. Lies from the enemy who desires to steal, kill, and destroy anything that would keep you from experiencing the peace, joy, and abundant life God desires for us (John 10:10).
I’d encourage you to print out and memorize the verses I’ve cited above so the next time he whispers those lies to you, you can proclaim God’s truth!
The enemy won’t be convinced until you are convinced!
The following was written by my friend Leah Rocha to encourage your despairing heart:
If you are stressed, God loves you.
If you are lonely, He loves you.
If you don’t think of Him, He loves you.
If you feel like you are not measuring up, He loves you.
If you are tired, He loves you.
If you are grieving, He loves you.
If you are angry, He loves you.
God loves you, because He loves you, because He loves you, because He loves you.
It is who He is and there is nothing you can do to change that. You cannot do something to make Him stop loving you. It doesn’t matter if you don’t believe in Him, He believes in you. He isn’t thinking of ways to punish you, but ways to love on you.
The world is mean and ugly, but God is not of this world nor like this world. Please do not let others confuse you on the character of God. The world does not know how to love like God does. Give him a chance.
I hope you feel God’s love for you, today.
Depression doesn’t have to become a permanent part of life.
There is hope.
Hope Prevails: Insights From a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression and the companion Hope Prevails Bible Study help the reader understand how depression comes to be, recover their joy, reclaim their peace, and re-establish their true identity, while knowing their worth, remembering their secure destiny, and being confident that nothing separates them from God’s love.