Have you ever fasted from sugar? In this podcast replay, Wendy Speake and I talk about the benefits of a sugar fast. Wendy is the author of The 40-Day Sugar Fast: Where Physical Detox Meets Spiritual Transformation. You won’t want to miss the insights Wendy shares on breaking free from sugar addiction for lasting spiritual transformation. Some of the benefits may surprise you!
She reminds us that God will change our health with a diet, but our life with a fast. So, mark your calendar for Wendy’s online 40-day sugar fast beginning 1-2-2024 (join the Sugar Fast here).
Also check out this article where Wendy shares more about the Sugar Fast: A New Year’s Revolution: The 40 Day Sugar Fast
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Unfortunately, no sugar fix can fix you.
- When we stop going from sugar high to sugar high, we turn to the Most High.
- The goal of fasting is always to lay down that which is temporary and pick up that which is eternal.
- Let every hunger pain act like church bells calling you to pray.
- Fasting from anything reminds us of what we want to hunger for.
- When we run to things to satisfy, they hold us back from His strong hold on us.
- Trust God to do what he’s going to do before he does it. Shout the victory in advance, obey, and watch what God does with your submission.Take out the temptation before tempted.
- The first step, before fasting, seek first the kingdom of God.
- He will change our health with a diet, but our life with a fast.
- Our desire is to find Christ as the only option.
- When we turn to Him to be our joy and peace, we don’t need the sugar.Remove featured image
- Fasting is about turning away from anything that gets between our relationship with God, and turning back to Him.
- Sometimes you need to go fast in order to slow down.
- The power of fasting is stopping and watching God deliver us.
- Fasting opens the door for the supernatural work of God.
- Keep in mind, with fasting, this is going to hurt before it feels better.
- Fasting isn’t easy—this is just the brand of your hard in this season.
- As you seek Him first, He’ll transform other areas of your life as well, bringing renewed hope.
- Psalm 34:8-10 NIV “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him. Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. The Lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who see the Lord lack no good thing.”
- Jonah 2:8 “Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them.”
- Matthew 6:33 “These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.”
- Joel 2:12 “That is why the Lord says, ‘Turn to me now, while there is time. Give me your hearts. Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning.’”
- Jeremiah 15:16 “Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The 40-Day Feast: Taste and See the Goodness of God’s Word by Wendy Speake
- The 40-Day Social Media Fast: Exchange Your Online Distraction for Real-Life Devotion By Wendy Speake
- The 40-Day Sugar Fast: Where Physical Detox Meets Spiritual Transformation by Wendy Speake
- The 40-Day Fast Journal: A Journey to Spiritual Transformation by Wendy Speake
- Triggers: Exchanging Parents’ Angry Reactions for Gentle Biblical Responses by Wendy Speake
- Parenting Scripts: When What You’re Saying Isn’t Working, Say Something New by Wendy Speake
- A New Year’s Revolution: The 40 Day Sugar Fast
- It’s Time for a Social Media Fast
- Benefits of Taking a Break from Social Media – Episode 85
- The Hem of His Garment: Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion 5-Day Devotional Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the AWSA 2023 Inspirational Gift Book of the Year Award, the Christian Literary Awards Reader’s Choice Award in four categories, and the Christian Literary Awards Henri Award for Devotionals
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
Connect with Wendy Speake:
Wendy Speake is author and host of The 40-Day Sugar Fast, The 40-Day Social Media Fast, along with the companion resource, The 40-Day Fast Journal: A Journey to Spiritual Transformation. Her newest book,The 40-Day Feast: Taste and See the Goodness of God’s Word, invites readers to get hungry for God’s Word then equips them to taste and see how good it is. Wendy is also co-author of the popular parenting books, Triggers: Exchanging Parents’ Angry Reactions for Gentle Biblical Responses and Parenting Scripts: When What You’re Saying Isn’t Working, Say Something New.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson