In this episode, Suzie Eller and I discuss some truths that just might change everything you thought you knew about joy. I so relate to my guest today because she has experienced one incredibly painful trial after another, and yet through it, she has come to savor the sweet aroma of her Savior walking with her in those trials.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- After a year of sorrow, I began to search for biblical joy. I found 6 surprising truths that helped me redefine joy, keep joy, and live joy.
- Biblical joy isn’t a feeling…it’s a knowing.
- Biblical joy is tied to God’s goodness over our life.
- Joy is consciously walking into God’s love and care.
- We have a choice to make: we can turn away from God or turn to Him.
- We don’t have to limit ourselves to experience either joy or sorrow, but rather, give ourselves permission to experience joy AND sorrow.
- God is not disappointed by how we feel. Those feelings are indicators. He not only created us to feel, but cares about how we feel.
- John 16:22 NIV Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
- John 15:11 NIV I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
- Romans 8:27-29 MSG He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God isworked into something good. God knew what he was doing from the very beginning.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Joy Keeper: 6 Truths that Change Everything You Thought You Knew About Joy by Suzie Eller
- You CAN Have Joy!
- The Fight For Joy!
- From Joy-Immune to Joy-Full!
- Are You Seeking Joy?
- How to Raise Teenagers With Confidence and Joy
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Stay connected with Suzanne Eller:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Guest Suzanne Eller
Suzanne (Suzie) Eller is a bestselling author, Intl. speaker, and co-host of the popular More Than Small Talk podcast. She has been featured on numerous TV and radio programs. She lives in NW Arkansas with her husband Richard, and is mom to her grown children and “Gaga” to six littles.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson