In this episode we’re talking to licensed professional counselor, Michelle Nietert, about how to recognize depression in children, what parents can do to help, and how parents can know when it’s time to seek outside help for their children.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- We’ve gotten things confused with our children. Too often we see them as human doings rather than human beings.
- There is nothing that you, I and God can’t face together.
- Kids need a chance to fail under your own safe roof.
- Children will have a better chance of managing social media well when they understand the purpose of it.
- Psalm 43:5 “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again—my Savior and my God!”
- Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- More Than Moody by Harold Koplewicz
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
Connect with Michelle Nietert:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Michelle Nietert is a licensed professional counselor and has been providing therapeutic interventions to children and their families for over 20 years. As a previous educator, public school crisis counselor, she interacts regularly with parents and students at public school assemblies, PTA meetings, local churches, and is the mental health consultant for a local private Christian school. Michelle also provides trainings for school counselors, teachers and homeschool parents. She joins her audiences in the parenting trenches as a happily married mom of two school-aged children.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson