Every year at this time, we enter into the holiday hustle and bustle, and All. The. Things. The tree, the shopping, the decorating, the wrapping, the baking, the parties…I’m so grateful to a perfect God for the gift of Christmas Hope. Without the birth of Jesus, we would have NO HOPE. In this episode, we talk about Christmas Hope. I’m going to share my grown-up Christmas list, pray a blessing, and offer 3 valuable resources to start your new year off well.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Without the birth of Jesus, we would have NO HOPE.
- Over the recent years, I’ve found that what I truly desire for Christmas can’t be wrapped and placed under a tree.
- This year, what I wanted more than anything for Christmas was peace for my family and peace for my heart. That calm assurance that comes from being content where you are, with who you are, and who you are with.
- I remembered the simplicity of the very first Christmas that didn’t meet anyone’s expectations except God’s. Jesus came in a manger without a party or fanfare. No one expected this to be the entry of a king.
- This Christmas and throughout the entire year, all I want is a little more of Jesus for myself and others, and to deepen our love for Him.
- What a joy to know there is a safe place to come and share our inner most desires and our deepest needs. And as we thank God for the answers, He promises peace to guard our hearts and minds.
- May you experience all the blessings of God as you pursue Him with your whole heart, mind, and soul.
- Out of my love and gratitude for you, I want to offer you three resources to look forward to in the new year:
- Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT): “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. TELL GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done. THEN you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” (emphasis mine)
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The 7-Day Today is Going to be a Good Day Challenge
- Free Webinar: Help for When You’re Feeling Blue
- The first ever Online Hope Prevails Bible Study
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Dr. Michelle Bengtson is an international speaker, a national and international media resource on mental health, and the author of the bestselling, multi-award-winning books Hope Prevails and the Hope Prevails Bible Study. Her book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip won the 2020 AWSA Golden Scroll Book of the Year and the 2021 Christian Literary Reader’s Choice Award in four different categories. She is also the host of the award-winning podcast Your Hope-Filled Perspective. A board-certified clinical neuropsychologist in private practice for more than twenty years, Dr. Bengtson blogs regularly and offers a wide variety of resources on her website, DrMichelleB.com.
3 Free Resources to Start Your Year Off Right
Out of my love and gratitude for you, I want to offer you three resources to look forward to in the new year.
The 7-Day Today is Going to be a Good Day Challenge
Many years ago I was physically and emotionally failing and needed a reason to get up and optimistically face the day. I wrote my very first social media “Today is Going to be a Good Day” post to encourage not only myself but others as well. That became what has now been a seven-year daily ministry on social media, and the premise for my latest book, Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises From God to Start Your Day Off Right . I learned how important our mindset is, so I’m offering a free 7-Day Today is Going to be a Good Day Challenge. We’ll send you a daily encouraging email, short encouraging video with tips for helping you to have a good day, the offer to participate in a Facebook group for accountability and support if you desire, as well as freebies and giveaways. I hope you’ll join us. Register here.
Free Webinar: Help for When You’re Feeling Blue
I know the winter months following the hustle and bustle of the holidays can contribute to a higher incidence of the blues. So I want to offer a free webinar for you or your friends and loved ones, to share professional and personal insights on some things that can help you mitigate the blues even when you can’t change the finances, the weather, or some of your contributing relationships. It’s free to you. It’ll be a live event with a replay available for those who sign up but can’t attend live. Sign up now.
First-ever Online Hope Prevails Bible Study
Readers have been asking me to lead an online version of the Hope Prevails Bible Study and God has spurred my heart to offer it in late January to help get through the winter months as we anticipate the joy of spring. I would love to have you join us, and perhaps even consider inviting a friend to join with you. Everything is better with a friend! I’ll be sharing more in future emails about the Bible study, but you can sign up here.
Friend, I pray that wherever you find yourself this holiday season, that you would experience that hope, peace, and joy that comes from having a relationship with Jesus!
Perfect timing for my heart.