Our mindset matters. The choices we make matter. Our habits and disciplines matter. Join me with Jayne Patton as we talk about daily habits and practices we can put into place so that when we get up in the morning, our day is already off to a good start. Jayne also shares the one practice, above all else, that helps determine whether or not you’re going to have a good day.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
When we ask the Lord for His lens through which to view our situation, it changes our perspective and frames our day.
We are told to put on the armor of God, and put on the garment of praise, but those are intentional choices we make to do what God has told us to do to fight our battles.
A key to having a good day is not just to be in the word, but to saturate your life with God’s word, actually believe what you are reading, and apply it to your everyday life.
We are told that in this world we will experience trials. In order to have a good day despite the trials, we must take a pre-emptive approach and do what we can ahead of time to help foster a good day.
When we have a cluttered environment, we also then tend to have a cluttered mind and a cluttered heart.
By taking the time to clear your area of clutter the night before, you can awaken in a state of peace, and the clutter and chaos around you won’t distract you from your quiet time with God.
Think about the fact that the Creator of the Universe wants to spend time communicating with you personally. Are you going to deprive Him of that?
Our homes should be a place of refuge and calm away from the stress and the chaos of the world.
Psalm 118:24 “This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- How What You Focus on Grows – Episode 162
- How Gratitude and Thankfulness Help Us Have a Good Day – Episode 161
- How God’s Promises to His People Help Them to Have a Good Day – Episode 160
- How to Have a Good Day by Starting Your Day with God – Episode 159
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- 10 Minute Turnaround Courses: 10 Minutes a Day Unlocks the Secrets to Change Your Life
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- How To Help a Depressed Loved One free eBook
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Jayne Patton
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Jayne Patton holds a deep love for the global and diverse body of Christ followers. She believes in crossing over denominational lines to bring the gospel in a way that is powerful and relevant. Her prayer is that God uses her personal presentation style to bring others to a deeper level of understanding of the scriptures. She married her husband Mike in 1999 and together they have 3 children.
In 1996, Jayne graduated from Missouri Baptist University with a B.A. in Business Administration with a minor in Management. She left a lucrative sales career soon after the birth of her first child, and entered into the world of women’s ministry via the local church through facilitating Bible studies, hosting events, speaking locally, and more.
Before launching Altered Ministries, she currently holds the position of Women’s Ministry Director for her local church, and has worked with government officials regarding the plight of persecuted Christians worldwide. Jayne is a popular speaker at events, conferences, banquets, and churches through her inspirational and motivational speaking. Jayne loves to read in her spare time, can always be bribed with Mexican food, and never…EVER…turns down a double-stuffed Oreo. Ever.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson