- Everyone will fight challenges and trials at some point in their life, and at the time of this recording, the world is facing the Coronavirus outbreak, and with that has come astronomical amounts of worry, fear, and anxiety. In this episode, we discuss ways to defeat anxiety during a crisis like the Coronavirus.
- This may be the first real crisis our children have had to face in their lifetimes, and it’s important for us to remember that they will take their cues for how to respond to crisis from watching and listening to us.
- In today’s society, our ready access to news and information can fuel anxiety. In our current situation, we need time to absorb this, but that is made difficult because the information is changing day by day, or sometimes hour by hour.
- It’s important not to run on our feelings, during times of crises, but rather, to stand on truth.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- We need to absorb this.
- Anxiety comes because we want to know it all. We want to control it all. We want to influence it all…but we can’t.
- Our feelings are really just the outward manifestation of the thoughts we believe.
- We may not be able to control the situation, but we can choose our response to the situation.
- Exodus 20:2 “I am the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery.”
- Romans 8:28 “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promisesby Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson