Today we’re going to be talking about how to find joy in the midst of life’s painful situations. In fact, our guest today is going to help us understand how joy can be found in any situation. Adria Wilkins enjoys telling a story, adding sprinkles of joy and a few extra dollops to liven it up. After suffering the unthinkable—the death of her 3-year-old son Blake, she found that Jesus sustains, and even surprises His followers with joy. If you need hope for finding joy in the midst of pain, this episode is for you.
In this post, Adria also shares about joy filled blessings that are just waiting to be found: Joy-Filled Blessings All Around
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- If nothing else, nature can bring us joy.
- Faith is our sustaining power.
- Happiness comes and goes, and is dependent on our circumstances, but joy is internal, and a gift from God, that we can have despite our circumstances.
- Psalm 28:7, “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”
- Proverbs 11:25, “A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
- Psalm 100:1, “Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The Joy Box Journal by Adria Wilkins
- Fight for Joy
- From Joy-Immune to Joy-Full
- Are You Seeking Joy?
- How To Raise Teenagers with Confidence and Joy
- You Can Have Joy
- Don’t Let Comparison Steal Your Joy
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Adria Wilkins enjoys telling a story, adding sprinkles of joy and a few extra dollops to liven it up. After suffering the unthinkable- the death of her 3-year old son Blake, she found that Jesus sustains, and even surprises His followers with joy. Adria has an accounting degree from Western Kentucky University. She and her husband, Erik, live in Northern Virginia and have three children: Katie, Blake, and Anthony.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson