I’ve got some exciting news to share with my listeners and readers this week! So many of you have asked for it, and it’s finally here! We’re announcing the soon to be released book that YOU asked me to write, to help you in your struggles with worry, fear, and anxiety. Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises will be released by Baker Revell on September 17, 2019.
This book is truly a gift from my heart. It was written with you in mind, much like my first book, “Hope Prevails: Insights From a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression,” Breaking Anxiety’s Grip is written from a dual perspective of a doctor who has treated thousands of patients with anxiety, and as a fellow sufferer.
As I began to really research for this book, however, God revealed to me that worry, fear, and anxiety are not our portion; peace is. He came to give us peace. In Breaking Anxiety’s Grip, I share what worry, fear, and anxiety are, where they come from, and what tools we can use to conquer them.
I want to encourage you to go pre-order the book now because we have some amazing pre-order bonuses bundled together to give you for free to everyone who pre-orders before September 16, 2019. We are offering digital downloads of the Fear No More Declaration, 3 Beautiful word art prints, 3 fun adult coloring pages, the Spotify link that includes all the songs included in the Recommended PlayList at the end of every chapter. The pre-order bundle also includes a digital download of an original painting by Emily Curiak titled “The Price of Peace,” as well as the digital download of Recover: Rest, Relax, Revive, and Rejuvenate playlist with 6 originally composed piano tracks by award-winning composer, producer, and pianist Jamar Jones.
In coming weeks, we’ll talk more about worry, fear, and anxiety: what is it, where does it come from, and what do we do about it. But for now, I just wanted to share this exciting news and invite you to come along on the journey with me.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
• Psalm 139:23 “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.”
• 2 Timothy 1:7 KJ “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
• John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
• Announcing Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
• Breaking Anxiety’s Grip book page
• Pre-order Information for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
• 15 Bible Verses When You Need Peace
• How To Control Worry, Fear, and Anxiety to Keep Your Peace
• Keeping Our Peace When Life Falls Apart
• Scriptures That Combat Worry, Fear, and Anxiety Free Download
• Talk Back to Anxiety
• “Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises” by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
• “Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression” by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
• “Hope Prevails Bible Study” by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Joining the launch team is referenced in this episode. The application form has closed.
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Guest: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
About Dr. Bengtson
Dr. Bengtson studied neuroscience and is board certified in clinical neuropsychology. She established her own clinical practice in the Dallas area. From her professional and personal life, she recognized a deep lack of understanding of the call to “renew our minds” and the transformational effects a robust understanding of this has on our physical and mental health and outlook.
Dr. Bengtson lives to foster regeneration and renew life in her listeners. She recognizes brokenness in her life and others’ and offers steps we can take as we walk with Christ through the thin places.
Dr. Bengtson authored the award-winning “Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression” and its award-winning companion “Hope Prevails Bible Study.” Her third book, “Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises” will be available in September 2019 (Revell). She blogs at DrMichelleB.com. She is a frequent guest on Fox News Radio and speaks at conferences and churches internationally.
For more, find her at www.DrMichelleBengtson.com.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson