Have you ever experienced financial loss? Or have you ever wondered what you would do or how you would make it if you lost everything you had financially? Today I talk with Shonda Whitworth who shares a very personal and real testimony of how God brought her through great financial hardship. She learned how to cope when facing bankruptcy and truly experienced what it means to say, “when all you have is God, you’ve got enough.”
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- The Bible has a lot to say about our finances. When we need financial wisdom, we need to go to His word.
- When there is more month than money, we have to trust God to be our provider.
- Bankruptcy is a real-life example of what Christ has done for us: debt cancellation.
- 2 Corinthians 1:9 “But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God.”
- Romans 5:3-5 “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Appeal to the Courtroom of Heaven by Shonda Whitworth
- Shadowboxing: The Dynamic 2-5-14 Strategy to Defeat the Darkness Within by Dr. Henry Malone
- A free downloadable PDF of 8 Prayers to Pray for Your Incarcerated Loved One is available at FortressofHopeMinistries.com
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
About Shonda Whitworth:
Shonda Whitworth writes, teaches, and speaks at conferences and retreats to share the hope of healing and restoration we have in Jesus. After her son landed in state prison, she realized the hardships families of prisoners encounter. She and her husband, Eldon, founded Fortress of Hope Ministries, a nonprofit organization that offers hope to families affected by incarceration. Shonda transparently shares her testimony of living with a son in prison at ShondaWhitworth.com and FortressofHopeMinistries.com.
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Shonda Whitworth:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson