How do you forgive someone who hurt you emotionally? How do you forgive someone who traumatized you? How do you forgive someone who isn’t sorry? Our guest, Mark Sowersby, shares a gripping testimony of forgiveness, God’s grace, and overcoming in the midst of life’s hurts, pains, and abuses. Join us as we talk about how to forgive someone who has hurt you and isn’t sorry.
Mark shares more about the importance of forgiveness here: Words that Hurt Feelings and How To Forgive Them
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- I was an abused victim but I learned that was not my identity. My identity was a child of God.
- I came to realize, I’m not a victim—I’m victorious because I made it through.
- The first casualty of trauma is the loss of trust.
- When you ask God hard questions, you get hard answers, but you get the right answers for you.
- If you start by moving a pebble, then a stone, then a hill, eventually with faith you will move mountains.
- God became bigger than my mountain of pain, abuse, and trauma.
- Forgiveness comes through Jesus.
- Forgiveness does not mean reconciliation.
- Trusting God is where forgiveness begins.
- Psalm 10:14 NIV “But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.”
- Acts 10:34 KJV “Then Peter opened his mouth and said, ‘Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.’”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Forgiving the Nightmare by Mark Sowersby
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- Subdue Stress and Anxiety: Fifteen Experts Offer Comprehensive Tools in Ten Minutes a Day. Use my link plus discount code BENG99 to save $90 on course (course will be $99.)
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
To connect with Mark Sowersby:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Guest: Mark Sowersby
Pastor. Husband. Father. Reverend Mark Sowersby has been married to his wonderful wife Jennifer for 18 years and is the father of four children. Mark has been an ordained minister with Assembly of God for over 25 years and is currently the Pastor of Calvary Community Church in Dudley, MA. Pastor Mark holds a BA in theology from Zion Bible College/Northpoint Bible College.
In 2019 Pastor Mark went through a time of great healing. He began speaking about the experiences of his past and God’s grace and the transformational work of forgiveness in his life. He now speaks about his story through his ministry, Forgiving The Nightmare.
When he isn’t serving his congregation and his community through ministry, teaching, and support, you can find him on all the trails and lakes in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Upstate New York, spending time with his family.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson