We have all made mistakes in our life. We’ve all done things we regret. We’ve all gone through hardships that have hurt and scarred us in some way. In short, we’ve all gone through brokenness. In this episode, my guest, Amy Elaine Martinez, and I talk about hope for moving from brokenness to victorious living. Amy admits to having grown up in the church, but then having made some devastating life choices. She shares what her breaking point was—when she knew something had to change. And she shares a bit of her journey from brokenness to victorious living and what that looks like.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- We know we are truly broken when we know that what we do breaks God’s heart.
- God brings dead things back to life. With God we can rise up and move forward from brokenness to victory.
- When we have the transforming power of the Holy Spirit living inside of us, we have everything we need on the inside to move forward in victory.
- We must realize we can’t change in our own strength, but God can.
- Too often we put the burden on ourselves to do things in our own strength, but Christ wants to be our burden barer.
- Victory comes from intimacy with God.
- Be mindful of what pleases God, and live intentionally. That leads to victorious living.
- If you think you’re too broken to change, know you can because of Christ. He is our change agent.
- Psalm 51:17 (MSG) “Going through the motions doesn’t please you, a flawless performance is nothing to you. I learned God-worship when my pride was shattered. Heart-shattered lives ready for love don’t for a moment escape God’s notice.”
- Isaiah 43:18-19 (NLT) “But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.”
- Luke 12:49 (TPT) “I have come to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already ablaze with fiery passion for God!
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Becoming a Victory Girl: Staking Your Claim in the Kingdom by Amy Elaine Martinez
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Amy Elaine Martinez:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
About Amy Elaine Martinez:
Amy Elaine Martinez is an inspirational speaker, radio show host, and gifted teacher. Her ministry is devoted to helping women with heart-shattered lives become whole again in Christ. She lives part time in both beautiful Castle Rock, CO and historic Guthrie, OK.
Married 27 years to the love of her life, David, Amy Elaine is mom to Gabriel (22) and Sidney (25) and daughter-in-love, Riley. She’s also a dog mom to an Australian Shepherd, named Maverick.
Her heart’s desire is to see women walk in wholeness and develop an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Living the victorious life is one of the major themes of her ministry.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson