Anyone can become more organized, even you! Marcia Ramsland, The Leading Online Organizing Coach and a Business Productivity Expert, shares how to get organized and stay organized in this podcast episode. Think of organizing as a tool – it helps you accomplish what you want to accomplish in life. So, if you’re looking around at the piles of laundry and dishes in frustration and realize it’s time to make a change, you won’t want to miss this podcast!
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Getting organized is something that can be learned and will save you time, give you focus, and mental clarity.
- The time management of the Proverbs 31 Woman: She did it all in a lifetime, but not in one day!
- Getting organized improves your outlook, improves your self-esteem, improves your stress level and lets you use your gifts and talents more.
- Organization weeds out the less important to focus on the more important.
- Start your organizational efforts where it makes the most impact: your closet, kitchen, and bathroom.
- Take pictures in your home and of your desk and calendar and ask yourself: Is calming or cluttered? Do I want to keep living this way, or do I want to be a growing person and take action to change it?
- The problem with the poverty in the world is not God’s provision but our distribution.
- Leverage your work before play. Spend 10 minutes organizing and cleaning up clutter before watching your favorite show.
- Proactively get control of the 10 minute bookends of your day in the morning and the evening so that the rest of the day you can be reactive to immediate needs.
- Proverbs 13:4 “The sluggish crave and have nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.”
- Proverbs 14:1 “A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands.”
- Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Simplify Your Space: Create Order & Reduce Stress by Marcia Ramsland
- Simplify Your Life: Get Organized and Stay That Way by Marcia Ramsland
- Simplify Your Holiday Season by Marcia Ramsland
- Simplify Your Holidays: A Christmas Planner to Use Year After Year by Marcia Ramsland
- Simply December Devotions by Marcia Ramsland
- Organizing Your Workspace for a Productivity Boost (Instant Insights) by Marcia Ramsland
- Simplify Your Time by Marcia Ramsland
- Free Time Tracker: Marcia’s Famous 168 Hour Time Tracker (scroll down to the Better Homes and Gardens magazine cover)
- Revive & Thrive Summit 1
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
About Marcia Ramsland
Marcia Ramsland is well known as The Leading Online Organizing Coach, a Business Productivity Expert, and author of the Simplify Your Life: Get Organized and Stay that Way book series, which has sold over 100,000 copies. Marcia is a nationally recognized media guest appearing in Woman’s Day and Real Simple magazines, the Wall Street Journal, and Martha Stewart radio. Marcia believes anyone can become more organized – even you – with the Motivation, Momentum, and Mastery which she provides in her Online Courses and Fast Track Coaching!
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Marcia:
Facebook / Instagram / LinkedIn / Website
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
Looking at your home through pictures to determine the cluttered areas is a good idea. Another camera tip is one my daughter gave me when I was cleaning out my clothes closet and coming across outfits that had lost of sentimental value bu ones I would probably not wear again. She said take a picture and save that. Then toss the outfit. You don’t need the piece to remind you of memories, just the picture.