- We’ve been in the middle of a special series of podcasts about defeating anxiety during times of crisis. In this episode, we talk in depth about the third weapon God gives us to defeat anxiety: a sound mind.
- When God says He has given us a sound mind to defeat worry, fear, and anxiety, we can get excited because we have been given the mind of Christ. Before Jesus started his earthly ministry, the Holy Spirit led Him into the wilderness for 40 days and nights. There he was repeatedly tempted by the enemy. It was Jesus’s sound mind that allowed Him to defeat the enemy and not give in to temptation. He knew the word of God and He used it to refute the enemy’s temptation. We too can refute the enemy’s temptation for worry, fear, and anxiety by using the sound mind God gave us, coupled with the word of God. Psalm 112:8 tells us, “They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly.” With a sound mind, you are hopeful and confident.
- In this episode, we discuss how we access and use our sound mind in order to defeat worry, fear, and anxiety in our lives.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Psalm 112:8 tells us, “They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:6 “So be on your guard, not asleep like the others. Stay alert and be clearheaded.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at: