In today’s episode, we are talking about how God’s promises to his people help us have a good day. There are very few things we can depend on in this world, but we can depend on God to keep His promises, and because of that, we can have a good day despite our circumstances.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- People change their mind, and they break their promises, but God is not a man and he cannot lie, so he cannot break his promises.
- A promise is of no more value than is the ability of the one who makes it to carry through. It also includes willingness to do so.
- There are over 1000 promises from God to his people.
- God supplies every need we have and His grace is sufficient for us.
- God promised his children won’t be overtaken by temptation.
- God promised victory over death and that all things work together for good.
- He promised love and forgiveness for those who believe in Jesus.
- 2 Corinthians 1:20 “For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.”
- Romans 4:13, 16 “For the promise that he should be heir of the world, was not to Abraham or his seed through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith . . . therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed.”
- Genesis 22:18 “And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice”.
- Acts 13:32-33 says: “And we declare unto you glad tidings how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again.”
- Philippians 4:19 “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus”.
- Jude v24 “Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present your faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.”
- Acts 2:32 “This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we are all witnesses.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:3,4 “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 “but thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- How to Have a Good Day by Starting Your Day with God – Episode 159
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- 10 Minute Turnaround Courses: 10 Minutes a Day Unlocks the Secrets to Change Your Life
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Today is Going to be a Good Day by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- How To Help a Depressed Loved One free eBook
Social Media Links for Host:
About Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Dr. Michelle Bengtson is an international speaker, a national and international media resource on mental health, and the author of the bestselling, multi-award-winning books Hope Prevails and the Hope Prevails Bible Study. Her book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip won the 2020 AWSA Golden Scroll Book of the Year and the 2021 Christian Literary Reader’s Choice Award in four different categories. Her latest book, Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right, releases May 17, 2022. She is also the host of the award-winning podcast Your Hope-Filled Perspective. A board-certified clinical neuropsychologist in private practice for more than twenty years, Dr. Bengtson blogs regularly and offers a wide variety of resources on her website, DrMichelleB.com.