My guest, Ronne Rock, and I talk about knowing what God wants us to do with our life; how we know our purpose. We have a God-designed influence, impact, purpose, and story, and yet so often we don’t see it for what it is. We compare ourselves to others and think we are supposed to be like them. But the truth is, God created each of us with a unique set of gifts, talents and personalities.
Ronne shares the secret she learned in knowing God’s calling and purpose for your life here: How Do You Know Your Calling and Purpose?
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- One of the things I learned as a child was that I had to do it all myself and I couldn’t count on anyone else.
- True leadership requires humility, a servant attitude, and valuing others.
- When God said that He blessed man and woman, blessing means ‘happy am I.’ God delights in you!
- Sometimes we may feel we are lacking in ability, but we all have time and can offer the gift of our presence.
- When you’re seeking to know God’s purpose for your life, start by filling the space you’ve been given.
- God takes everything in our lives and makes it purposeful.
- When you’re seeking to know God’s purpose for your life, start by asking God, “How do you see me today?”
- Genesis 1:26-31 Now let Us conceive a new creation—humanity—made in Our image, fashioned according to Our likeness. And let Us grant them authority over all the earth—the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, the domesticated animals and the small creeping creatures on the earth. So God did just that. He created humanity in His image, created them male and female. Then God blessed them and gave them this directive: “Be fruitful and multiply. Populate the earth. I make you trustees of My estate, so care for My creation and rule over the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and every creature that roams across the earth.” God (to humanity): Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant that grows on the earth and every fruit-bearing tree. They will be your food and nourishment. As for all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, and every small creeping creature—everything that breathes the breath of life—I have given them every green plant for food. And it happened just as God said. Then God surveyed everything He had made, savoring its beauty and appreciating its goodness. Evening gave way to morning. That was day six.
- Ephesians 2:10 For we are the product of His hand, heaven’s poetry etched on lives, created in the Anointed, Jesus, to accomplish the good works God arranged long ago.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- One Woman Can Change the World by Ronne Rock
- Living Your Purpose Starts with Hope and Faith
- Hope for Finding Your Purpose – Episode 81
- 3 Ways to Step into God’s Purpose for Your Life
- How To Live a Life of Purpose – Episode 67
- What is Your Purpose and Your Calling
- Ask Dr B: How Do I Know My Calling?
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- 10 Minute Turnaround Courses: 10 Minutes a Day Unlocks the Secrets to Change Your Life
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- How To Help a Depressed Loved One free eBook
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Ronne Rock:
Website Ronne / Website Book / Facebook / Instagram
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Ronne Rock weaves themes of transformative hope and grace-filled leadership into everything she shares on page and stage. She’s an award-winning marketing executive who travels around the world to gather words and images that inspire others to action with Orphan Outreach, a global nonprofit dedicated to serving the orphaned and vulnerable. Ronne offers battle-tested wisdom about leadership, advocacy marketing, and finding God in the most beautiful and painful of circumstances. She lives in Austin, Texas.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson