Are you wondering how gratitude and thankfulness could help us set ourselves up to have a good day? God commands us to come to Him with thanksgiving, but what difference does it make? I’m here to tell you, it changes everything. In this episode, we’ll talk about why they’re important and the positive impact they have on your well-being and stress level.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Gratitude is an emotion expressing an appreciation for what one has as opposed to what one wants.
- Gratitude is a thankful appreciation for what one receives—tangible or intangible—as they acknowledge the goodness in their lives.
- Remember that being grateful is about appreciating what one has, as opposed to what one wants. Being thankful or thanking someone often implies you are acknowledging your thanks for something that someone has given you.
- Gratitude helps make us happier, builds positivity, fosters sleep and relaxation, helps increase productivity. It leads to a less self-centered and materialistic life. Gratitude also improves our health and mental health, and helps improve relationships.
- A grateful person experiences a higher level of positive thoughts like love, happiness, and lower stress level.
- When we practice gratitude in life, we are creating a happy and less competitive life around ourselves, therefore, our overall well-being increases.
- There are several ways to express gratitude and thankfulness.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
- Philippians 4:11-13 “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- How God’s Promises to His People Help Them to Have a Good Day – Episode 160
- How to Have a Good Day by Starting Your Day with God – Episode 159
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- 10 Minute Turnaround Courses: 10 Minutes a Day Unlocks the Secrets to Change Your Life
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Today is Going to be a Good Day by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- How To Help a Depressed Loved One free eBook
Social Media Links for Host:
About Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Dr. Michelle Bengtson is an international speaker, a national and international media resource on mental health, and the author of the bestselling, multi-award-winning books Hope Prevails and the Hope Prevails Bible Study. Her book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip won the 2020 AWSA Golden Scroll Book of the Year and the 2021 Christian Literary Reader’s Choice Award in four different categories. Her latest book, Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right, releases May 17, 2022. She is also the host of the award-winning podcast Your Hope-Filled Perspective. A board-certified clinical neuropsychologist in private practice for more than twenty years, Dr. Bengtson blogs regularly and offers a wide variety of resources on her website, DrMichelleB.com.