Karen DeArmond Gardner returns to discuss how God can meet you when healing after domestic abuse. She’ll share what God did in and through and for her to focus on our good and faithful God. If you are involved in a domestic abuse situation, a difficult marriage, maybe some other kind of abuse, God is waiting for you to boldly approach His throne and He will give you mercy and grace.
If you missed the last episode of YHFP where we talked with Karen about the hope we have for healing after domestic abuse, I highly encourage you to listen to that episode here: Hope for Healing from Domestic Abuse – Episode 119. Her story is compelling and important.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- What I’ve learned to be true is that God loves me even more than He hates divorce.
- Another term for domestic abuse is intimate terrorism.
- God isn’t as concerned with our decorum as we are. He wants us to come as we are.
- So often the effects of abuse leave us viewing God like our abuser. That’s a lie from the enemy.
- Sometimes part of our healing is deconstructing or undoing what we previously thought we knew to be true.
- Domestic abuse is NOT suffering for Jesus.
- Hebrews 4:16 NLT “So, let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.”
- Galatians 5:1 NLT “So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.”
- Ephesians 3:20 NLT “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Hope for Healing from Domestic Abuse: Reaching for God’s Promise of Real Freedom by Karen DeArmond Gardner
- Hope for Healing from Domestic Abuse – Episode 119
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Karen DeArmond Gardner:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
About Karen DeArmond Gardner:
Karen DeArmond Gardner is a thirty-year survivor of domestic abuse and an advocate for women who’ve experienced abuse and divorce. She is a certified trauma advocate and facilitates Mending the Soul and inner healing through HeartSync. Karen blogs at AnotherOneFree.com. Karen and her second husband Tom are co-owners of a private security company and reside in Texas.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson