Kristin Clouse and I talk about how to find healing from abuse and trauma to walk in the fullness of who God created you to be. Healing from abuse is possible for all through Jesus. We talk about overcoming shame, breaking the power of secrecy, and more.
Kristin shares more ways you can heal from abuse, trauma and painful experiences here: Soul Wounds: 4 Steps toward Healing from the Wounds of Abuse and Trauma
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Healing from abuse is possible for all through Jesus.
- Nothing and no one is beyond restoration with our Jesus.
- The love of God and counsel of Godly people helped heal me.
- Shame often misappropriately dictates our identity, value, and self-worth.
- What happened to me doesn’t dictate my present or future.
- I know where I was. I know the despair, brokenness, and destructive places I came from. Jesus found me, healed me, and set me back on the path He created me for. I believe this is for every woman.
- It is possible to live a life where no longer our past dictates our present and our future.
- Ignoring abuse or trauma doesn’t mean pain and resulting issues go away on their own.
- Challenge your shame-led thoughts with the truth of God’s word.
- Nothing and no-one is beyond restoration of Jesus. What He did for me, He can do for you.
- The first step is to bring your story to the light. Find someone who you trust, who you can share your story with.
- When we break the power of secrecy off of our lives, healing can begin, and shame can be broken off of our lives.
- One of the ways we attempt to cope with abuse is by shutting all the memories and pain away inside of us. We lock them up and try to ignore them.
- All that energy you use to escape your past, use to fight for your future.
- You are worth fighting for because Jesus died for you.
- Psalms 23:3 “He restores my soul.” (NKJV)
- Psalms 34:18 “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted. And saves those who are crushed in spirit.” (NIV)
- Psalms 147:3 “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” (NJKV)
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Healing for our Soul Gardens: Restoration and Wholeness After Sexual Abuse by Kristin Clouse
- 12 Week Online Course – Fully Restored from Abuse
- Freebie: 14 Ways to Cultivate a Grateful Heart & Fully Restored Gratitude Worksheets (top of home page)
- Freebie: A free chapter from Healing for our Soul Gardens book (look for pop up)
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- 10 Minute Turnaround Courses: 10 Minutes a Day Unlocks the Secrets to Change Your Life
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- How To Help a Depressed Loved One free eBook
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Kristin Clouse:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Kristin Clouse is a speaker, licensed professional clinical counselor, pastor, published author, podcaster, and life, trauma and spiritual coach. She is an abuse survivor who helps hurting individuals find freedom, healing and restoration from trauma, abuse, and life difficulties by helping them recognize their soul wounds so they can grow closer in their relationship with Jesus. She is the author of Healing for our Soul Gardens: Restoration and Wholeness After Sexual Abuse and contributing author to She Writes for Him: Stories of Resilient Faith.
God has a purpose for each of us and Kristin is passionate to see women living out the FULLNESS of who God created them to be. Kristin can be found at: www.FullyRestored.love