In this episode, we talk about hope for healing after infertility and adoption. My guest, Samantha Morgan, is going to share her testimony after enduring infertility, an adoption that fell through, foster parenting, and the beautiful ways God used her disappointments for good, weaving a beautiful tapestry that she never could have imagined.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Adoption is rooted in pain from both sides.
- Infertility brings with it all the emotions of grief.
- I had to ask myself, do I want to be pregnant, or do I really want to be a mom?
Romans 8: 26-27 NIV “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.”
Hebrew 11:1 NIV “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for, and assurance about what we do not see.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Miraculously My Own: One Woman’s Incredible Journey of Infertility, Faith, and Adoption by Samantha J. Morgan
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Stay connected with Samantha Morgan:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Guest Samantha Morgan
Author and speaker, Samantha J Morgan is an infertility survivor and adoptive mom. Her passion is to support and connect those struggling during difficult times. Living in Southern Missouri with her husband and two great kids, she’s the girl next door who loves sharing how God has shaped her life and created a motherhood story far beyond what she could have imagined.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson