Amy Connell and I talk about health “rules” we’ve heard but need to be broken for our good! Not all health rules are healthy. Amy is a personal trainer on a mission to help women realize that their eating and the way they move their body doesn’t have to be perfect. Your body is worthy of being taken care of! The reason we take care of our body is so we can do what we are called by God to do.
Amy also shares how to reduce stress with exercise: How Does Exercise Reduce Stress?
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Am I taking care of my body the way God wants me to?
- Perfection will enslave us when it comes to taking care of our bodies.
- There are certain health “rules” we’ve all heard that need to be broken, for our good.
- Our mindset is our fall back when things don’t go right, so we have to have an appropriate mindset about our health and wellness.
- I’m taking care of my body so I can do what God calls me to do.
- When it comes to health and wellness, something is better than nothing.
- We tend to self-sabotage ourselves with respect to our health and wellness through perfectionism, all or nothing thinking, and trying to do too much at once.
- The moment we become slave to our to-do list, it becomes detrimental to our well-being.
- Working towards better health is NOT a waste of time even when we don’t lose weight.
- Your body is worthy of being taken care of.
- There is no perfect body!
- Isaiah 43:19 NIV “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”
- Galatians 1:10 NIV “Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Your Worthy Body: Find Freedom in Health by Breaking All the Rules by Amy Connell
- How To Give Yourself GRACE in Your Health
- Hope for Healthy Living – Episode 65
- The Joy of Movement by Dr. Kelly McGonical, Ph.D.
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Amy Connell:
Website / Instagram / Facebook
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Amy Connell is an NASM Certified Personal Trainer and has been in the fitness industry almost 15 years. She’s a recovering step counter and an imperfect eater living in God’s perfect grace. Amy encourages women to strive for balanced, sustainable health and appreciate their God-created bodies, no matter what that looks like. She lives in the Houston, TX area with her husband, two always-hungry teen boys, and her stray-turned-princess put bull named Grace.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
Thank you for a wonderful post.
This episode about rule breaking brought to mind what I teach my writing students about knowing how and when to break grammar rules is the difference between making art and sounding illiterate.You share a lot of good here and I appreciate it.
It’s always encouraging to hear that we don’t have to do things to perfection, even in how we move our bodies. Sometimes striving for perfection keeps us from doing anything at all, so it’s good to let go of that ideal.