Lori Wildenberg and I talk about hope for helping your child overcome anxiety, depression, or suicidal ideation. Lori almost lost her daughter to death by suicide and shares with us what she’s learned. Through her situation, she learned that even those parts of our lives that are messy and embarrassing can be used by God to help others. She shares things that build hope and things that bust hope.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Even those parts of our lives that are messy and embarrassing can be used by God to help others.
- Resiliency is a human quality. While hope is a supernatural quality made up of something greater than us. Yet we need both hope and resiliency.
- Comparison, competition, and instant gratification are all hope busters.
- Delayed gratification, connection to others, humor, and a proper perspective are all hope builders.
- If you suspect your child is suffering from anxiety, depression, or suicidal ideation, ask them if they are thinking of hurting themselves, so you don’t have to ask ‘Why didn’t they tell me?’
- Hebrews 6:19 (NIV) We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
- John 16:33 (NIV) I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Messy Hope: Help Your Child Overcome Anxiety, Depression, or Suicidal Ideation by Lori Wildenberg
- Messy Journey: How Grace and Truth Offer the Prodigal a Way Home by Lori Wildenberg
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Lori Wildenberg:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
About Lori Wildenberg:
Helping families create connections that last a lifetime is Lori Wildenberg’s passion. Lori, wife to Tom, mom of 4, and Mimi to 1, shares her stories of failures and successes, in her books and talks, to encourage and equip parents. As a licensed parent and family educator, she leads the Moms Together Facebook group and page and co-hosts the Moms Together Podcast. The Wildenberg home is nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson