- We’ve been doing a series on the podcast recently of episodes all related to helping defeat anxiety during times of crisis. Given what so many of us have been experiencing with the current crisis and the disruption of anything normal, it would be natural to realize that our children’s lives are being significantly impacted as well, and this may breed worry, fear, and anxiety. This episode is about how to help a teenager with anxiety during a crisis. Join me as I interview my teenager, Bryce. We discuss ways that help us understand worry, fear, and anxiety in our teens and children and what we and they can do about anxiety.
- For many of our children, the Coronavirus is the first major crisis they have ever had to face, at least on such a global level. This episode is unique in that I have the opportunity to interview a teenager to help understand their perspective and what they might be doing to try to manage the emotional impact that crises have on them. While this episode was recorded during the COVID19 pandemic, the truths contained therein are applicable regardless of the situation prompting a child’s anxiety.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
- Matthew 6:34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.”
- 1 Peter 5:7 “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promisesby Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson