We are living in turbulent times. In this week’s episode, Carolyn Freeman and I talk about holding onto hope in turbulent times: where we are now and what we can do going forward. We address the tough issues we are facing today and how we can respond to the challenges by grounding ourselves in God’s word and prioritizing a mindset that is focused on victory in Jesus.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the episode:
- It’s incredible how God knows our needs long before we do, and He already knows how He’s going to meet them.
- Whatever you’re going through right now, there’s hope because it doesn’t take God by surprise. And He already knows how He’s going to get you through it.
- The Holy Spirit’s going to come to remind you of all truth. The Holy Spirit cannot remind us of truth that we have not already taken responsibility to learn.
- If you are relying on “your” truth to help you survive in this world, you’re being deceived.
- But if we look to God to satisfy our needs, we can never run out.
- You cannot have maximum eternal impact if you are not first spending time in God’s word.
- God has such an upside down economy, and if you want to be great, you have to become the least.
- He is nudging us all the time. The question is, is it so noisy that we’re ignoring his nudges, or will we do as he’s asking?
- Hosea 4:6 My people perish for lack of knowledge.
- Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
- James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Empty Nest: What’s Next? Parenting Adult Children Without Losing Your Mind by Michele Howe
- Preparing, Adjusting, and Loving the Empty Nest by Michele Howe
- Finding Freedom and Joy in Self-Forgetfulness by Michele Howe
- The Hem of His Garment: Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion 5-Day Devotional Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the AWSA 2023 Inspirational Gift Book of the Year Award, the Christian Literary Awards Reader’s Choice Award in four categories, and the Christian Literary Awards Henri Award for Devotionals
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
About Carolyn Freeman
Carolyn Freeman is the Founder and President of Impact Coaching Ministries. She’s a Certified Professional Life Coach, author, speaker, former nurse and counselor. Her life verse is Jeremiah 29:11. She calls it a privilege and joy to walk with others into God’s healing just as others walked with her into healing, wholeness, and a whole new purpose and passion.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson