In this episode, Christina Custodio and I talk about experiencing joy despite our circumstances. Today’s guest knows what it’s like to face trials and triumph, and experience joy despite her circumstances. Her son almost died from a brain aneurysm. I hope you’ll be encouraged as you listen to today’s episode.
Christina shares more about her experience with her son and what you can do if you don’t see God working in your life here: God Is Always There.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- I believe that all things can work together for good, especially when we trust God to work in our lives without getting in the way and trying to take control. Though things may not look the way we had hoped, we can change the way we look at them and find peace.
- When we are in times of crisis, when we will look at the needs of others over our own, we can experience His joy and peace.
- Even when things don’t turn out the way we want, they can still be good!
- Peace comes from trusting God. We cannot experience peace apart from Him.
- We have to remember that God covers us even in our weaknesses.
- Read scriptures that specifically talk about who God is and why we can trust Him. Start acting as if you trust Him until you really do.
- James 1:2-4 “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.”
- Isaiah 40:31 “But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”
- Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Believing God by Beth Moore
- Get Out of Your Head by Jennie Allen
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Christina Custodio:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Christina Custodio is a wife, mother, teacher, writer, photographer, and whatever the Lord asks her to be from day to day.
She is an inspirational speaker and writer who shares her own story as well as inspires her audience to share their stories, connecting and becoming a part of the community of Christ.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson