Today we’re talking about what it’s like to be a recovering adult child of two alcoholic parents, and how even in such a difficult situation, God pursues us. We also talk about God’s grace and love for us no matter where we come from or what our lives have been like.
Laura also shares more hope and her realization that we are never too broken to be restored in this blog post: Never Too Broken to be Restored
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- You don’t have to be the same as someone else to serve as a valuable mentor.
- We must drop the blame and stop feeding the anger if we want to heal.
- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Psalm 46:10 – “Be still and know that I am God.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Dolores, Like the River by Laura Padgett
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Laura Padgett:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Laura is a multi-published, multi-awarded author and dancer. Her two nonfiction books “Dolores, Like the River” and “Jesus in Shorts: Twenty-five Short Stories of Life-Changing Jesus Moments” are among her many published works. With a passion for helping others see their worth and value through the lens of Jesus, she shares stories of God’s love and lessons in her journey of almost seven decades as a writer, dancer and teacher. Through her monthly blog, “Livin’ What You’re Given” she speaks with humor and authenticity into the truth that we are valuable and have purpose at every age and every stage. She also has been published in “Chicken Soup for the Soul” as well as many online Christian publications. As she shares stories in written word and dance, she encourages others to find healing and inspiration for their life’s purpose in the Risen Christ. She is a wife, mother, grandmother, and proud native of Colorado who lives in Montrose, Co with husband Keith. She holds an MA in storytelling through creative movement from Regis University.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson