Today we’re going to be talking about the fact that even in spite of hardships and difficulties that God has allowed, He also shows us how to find hope. My guest today has been through trial after trial, but Julie Holmquist shares with us how she maintained her hope despite her hardships.
Julie also shares how she maintained hope when facing a recent hardship here: 7 Ways to Keep Hope in the Midst of Unwanted Transition
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Scripture says “Hope is an anchor for the soul.” Anchors steady us, and hope pulls us forward, out of the storm.
- Faith is the driving force in our lives. Without faith, we have no hope.
- God is NOT afraid of our feelings. He can handle our honest emotions.
- Waiting on God is NOT passive. It is actively intertwining our hearts with His.
- Waiting on God is actively watching with expectation for Him to move and act. It is an eager anticipation.
- 1 Corinthians 4:8-12 “You think you already have everything you need. You think you are already rich. You have begun to reign in God’s kingdom without us! I wish you really were reigning already, for then we would be reigning with you. Instead, I sometimes think God has put us apostles on display, like prisoners of war at the end of a victor’s parade, condemned to die. We have become a spectacle to the entire world—to people and angels alike. Our dedication to Christ makes us look like fools, but you claim to be so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are so powerful! You are honored, but we are ridiculed. Even now we go hungry and thirsty, and we don’t have enough clothes to keep warm. We are often beaten and have no home. We work wearily with our own hands to earn a living. We bless those who curse us. We are patient with those who abuse us.”
- Job 13:15 “God might kill me, but I have no other hope. I am going to argue my case with him.”
- Job 2:10 “But Job replied, ‘You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?’ So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Julie Holmquist:
Website Stuff of Heaven / Facebook Stuff of Heaven / Instagram Stuff of Heaven / Facebook Group Kairos Moments / Instagram Kairos Moments
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Julie Holmquist is an author and Bible teacher. She hosts the podcast Kairos Moments — helping people recognize and respond to the moments God has carved out for them for radical growth and amazing transformation.
She and her husband live in North Carolina with the two youngest of their four sons.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
I appreciate so much Julie sharing from her trials and struggles; from her pain and suffering; and giving all of us, especially me, a very Hope-Filled perspective, You both shared so openly of your pain that I know that I am not alone in mine and that God truly cares and wants me to communicate with Him even if it is out of anger or frustration or even fear because He has answers that I need. He has Hope that I want and He has such divine abiding love to help me know that I am loved and its OK to be upset but He will comfort, give strength and peace. Precious message by both of you but please tell Julie thank you for being transparent and free with her insights and HOPE. Every podcast has touched my heart where it needed it and I am so thankful for all that you share, Michelle.