- Nelson Mandela said “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love.”
- Today we’re going to have a bit of a different episode. I’ve invited a friend to join me on the program to talk about hope for overcoming racism. Christina Custodio and I recently sat down over a three hour lunch and had a very honest, open dialogue about the issue of racism, and what we can do to be more sensitive to the pain and insults received by our brothers and sisters of a different race.
Quotables from the Episode:
- When someone is hurting, don’t brush it off or try to mitigate it, rather express that you believe them.
- For us to heal from racism, we must offer forgiveness even when it’s not asked for.
- Galatians 3:28 “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
- Philippians 2:3-4 “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
- Colossians 3:11 “There is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.”
- Acts 10:34 To summarize: “God shows no partiality.”
- Romans 10:12 “There is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.”
- John 3:16 His grace is universal: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Christina Custodio:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Christina Custodio is a wife, mother, teacher, writer, photographer, and whatever the Lord asks her to be from day to day.
She is an inspirational speaker and writer who shares her own story as well as inspires her audience to share their stories, connecting and becoming a part of the community of Christ.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson