In this episode, we’re talking about our identity in Christ, the reality of spiritual warfare and the importance of praying daily for our children. We’re fighting a real battle that we can’t ignore. Join me with my guest, Tina Chambers Smith, founder of Raising Kids on Your Knees.
Tina Smith shares more about our identity in Christ in this post: What Does It Mean To Be a Child of God?
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Our identity in Christ is despite what we do.
- My identity is rooted in the fact that I am a child of God and that never changes.
- What I do comes out of who I am.
- Spiritual warfare is a truth encounter
- We see less than 20% of reality with our physical eyes.
- What lies did you bring from your independent life into your life that is dependent on God?
- “Lordship” is following no matter what.
- We grow the most in life’s hardest places.
- Our goal as parents is to place our child’s hand in the hand of a holy, living, good God.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!”
- Matthew 28:18 “Jesus came and told his disciples, ‘I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.’”
- Ephesians 6:12 “For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Victory Over the Darkness by Neil Anderson
- Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson
- The Adversary by Mark Bubeck
- The Calvary Road by Roy Hession
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
Stay connected with Tina Chambers Smith:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Guest Tina Chambers Smith:
Tina Chambers Smith is a writer, author, teacher, and founder of Raising Kids on Your Knees, a ministry focused on equipping Moms and Dads to pray and parent life into the lives of our children. She has seen the power of prayer in her own children’s lives and believes there is no better way for us, as parents and guardians, to raise our children than on our knees in daily prayer for them. Through her weekly prayer sheets, Tina leads a Prayer Tribe of parents from around the world in daily prayer for their children. To subscribe to the Prayer Tribe, visit RaisingKidsonYourKnees.org. Tina has several children’s books and books on the healing process after abortion available to purchase on Amazon.com. Tina and her husband, Rod, have four children and three grandchildren.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson