Do you ever get in a rut with your Bible study? Have you ever wondered “how can I make my Bible study more creative?” Or perhaps, “what’s the most effective way to study the Bible for me?” You won’t want to miss this week’s episode. My friend Pam Farrel and I will talk about how to make our Bible study time more creative! By the time the podcast is over, you’ll want to grab a copy of one of her Bible studies so you can start reaping the benefits!
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Creative Bible study helped me memorize scripture better.
- You can’t think of your problems while you’re in the midst of being creative.
- Creative Bible study slowed me down to help me pause to ponder God’s word.
- The most effective way to study the Bible is whatever method gets you engaged and consistent.
- Hope is waiting expectantly for God to show up and show off for your good and for His glory.
- The good news is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Good=beautiful, best, bountiful, and blessed
- John 8:31-32 “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.”
- John 10:10 AMP “…I [Jesus] came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Discovering Good News in John: a Creative Devotional Study Experience by Pam Farrel, Jean E. Jones, and Karla Dornacher
- Discovering Jesus in the Old Testament: A Creative Devotional Study Experience by Pam Farrel, Jean E. Jones, and Karla Dornacher
- Discovering Hope in the Psalms: A Creative Devotional Study Experience by Pam Farrel, Jean E. Jones, and Karla Dornacher
- Discovering Joy in Philippians: A Creative Devotional Study Experience by Pam Farrel, Jean E Jones, and Karla Dornacher
- Men are Like Waffles, Women are Like Spaghetti: Understanding and Delighting in Your Differences by Bill & Pam Farrel
- Red-Hot Monogamy: Making Your Marriage Sizzle by Bill and Pam Farrel
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Pam Farrel
Website / Discovering the Bible Series / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Pam Farrel is an international speaker, author of 57 books including bestselling “Men Are Like Waffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti” translated into over 15 languages. Her newest creative bible study, co-authored with Jean E Jones and Karla Dornacher, is Discovering Good News In John: A Creative Bible Devotional Study Experience , an Amazon #1 bestseller.
Pam and her husband, Bill, together run Love-Wise, and Proverbs 19:8 ministries to equip, enrich and encourage people in their most vital relationships. Pam’s favorite role is being Mom to 3 sons, 3 daughter-in-love’s and Nana to her 5 grands and two new grand babies soon to arrive. Pam and Bill make their home on a live aboard boat docked in Southern California so she also loves biking, a beach walk, kayaking or a paddleboard adventure.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
Thanks Pam for your great insight of the book of John 15 ,hope that I can be a branch that not only be pruned,but grow then bear fruits in my faith, thanks again