- We’ve been in the middle of a special series of podcasts about defeating anxiety during times of crisis. In this episode we talk in depth about how we can fight anxious thoughts and win. Forty million American adults suffer from anxiety, while 264 million suffer worldwide. Chances are, even if you don’t suffer with anxiety, you know many friends and loved ones who do. In this episode, we’re going to talk about how to win over fearful and anxious thoughts.
- The first thing to remember is that we are in a battle, and the enemy of our soul doesn’t play fair. Secondly, we have to recognize that it is the enemy who tempts us with worry, fear, and anxiety. So often the thoughts we have aren’t even our thoughts. But if we don’t actively take them captive, and compare them to God’s word, we all too often readily accept them.
- Did you know that you can actually talk back to anxiety? You can! In this episode, we talk at length about how to talk back to worry, fear, and anxiety, and reclaim a much more peaceful life.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy, but I have come that they might have life and have it to the full.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
- 1 Peter 5:8 “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at: