- Today we talk about the fact that no matter what we’re going through, God is always there, and He cares. My guest today knows pain and loss. She experienced miscarriage, the murder of her sister (a victim of domestic violence), the loss of two brothers within a short period of time, and the death of her 14-month old granddaughter to Trisomy 18. Yet, she still maintains her hope. In this episode, she shares how she finds hope in the midst of grief.
We’re told in scripture that we’ll go through various trials. In this blog post, Anne shares about trusting God: Leaning into God When the World Around You is Shaky
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
- Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Always There: Finding God’s Comfort Through Loss by Anne Peterson
- Broken: A Story of Abuse, Survival and Hope by Anne Peterson
- Droplets: Poetry for Those in Grief by Anne Peterson
- He Whispers: Poetic Talks With God by Anne Peterson
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Anne Peterson:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Anne Peterson is a Christian poet, speaker, and published author of 15 books and numerous articles. She has written for Christianity Today, Today’s Christian Woman, as well as other publications. She has also written Bible studies for christianbiblestudies.com. Currently she is a regular contributor to crosswalk.com, and a writer for their couples devotionals. Since 1995, Anne’s poetry has been sold through gift stores and online in both the U.S. as well as other countries. Married for 44 years to her husband Michael, they have two grown children, as well as four grandchildren here and one in heaven.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson