In this episode, we talk about how to find joy even in the midst of life’s most difficult circumstances. My guest today, Tricia Thirey, knows pain, loss, and grief, and yet, God challenged her to find the joy in her every day despite her circumstances. She’ll be sharing how to find joy even in the midst of pain.
Tricia shared further about finding joy in life in this post: 8 Ways to Find Joy in Life
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- It’s important to grieve well, which includes not just the loss of the person, but also acknowledging everything else that loss represents.
- It’s okay to not be okay, but it’s not okay to want to stay there.
- Psalm 30:5b “Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.”
- Proverbs 31:25 “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.”
- 2 Timothy 4 :7 “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Tricia Thirey:
Tricia Thirey is a mom to three and an educator in the DFW area. A former military spouse, she lost her husband to brain cancer after a 4.5 year battle in the summer of 2017.
During the last year of his life, she felt the Lord calling her to live a life of joy, and now she makes it her everyday purpose to try to instill that joy into her eight-year-old twins and six-year-old daughter.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson