We only get one life to live, and we don’t want to take it for granted. In this episode, my friend, Tracie Miles, and I talk about how to find joy when life is hard, how to trust God in difficult times, how to live life unbroken and how to reclaim your life and your heart after difficult circumstances like separation and divorce.
Tracie is an author, speaker, and Director of COMPEL training for Proverbs 31 ministries. She has walked through several difficult valleys in recent years and took the time to share not only the journey she has been on, but how she learned to cope and find joy again.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- To learn to trust God more, we have to open our eyes to watching Him work around us.
- Often, it’s in the looking back that we see God was faithful, even when we can’t feel it in the moment.
- God doesn’t put a timetable on our grief.
- One of the stages of grief is acceptance. It doesn’t mean we like what has happened but we accept that God will use it in His perfect plan.
- It’s okay to feel anger when you’ve been mistreated, but we want to ask God to free us of anger so bitterness and resentment don’t take root in our hearts.
- The end of your marriage is not the end of you.
- Ask God for spiritual eyesight to see His hand at work in your life.
- Psalm 46:1-2 God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.
- Isaiah 41:10 “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Living Unbroken: Reclaiming Your Life and Your Heart after Divorce by Tracie Miles
- Love Life Again: Finding Joy When Life is Hard by Tracie Miles
- Unsinkable Faith: God-Filled Strategies for Transforming the Way You Think, Feel and Live by Tracie Miles
- Your Life Still Counts: How God Uses Your Past To Create A Beautiful Future by Tracie Miles
- Stressed Less Living: Finding God’s Peace In Your Chaotic World by Tracie Miles
- How Testimonies in the Bible Bolster Your Faith During Hard Times
- Trusting God in Hard Times -7 Lessons Learned
- 5 Tips to Cope with the Hard Times
- Never Alone: 15 Bible Verses When You Feel Alone
- 10 Scriptures for When You Need Strength
- Free Bonus Chapters of Seeking Joy through the Gospel of Luke
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Tracie Miles:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Tracie Miles is a national Speaker and Author with Proverbs 31 Ministries. She is the author of four best-selling books, Unsinkable Faith: God-Filled Strategies for Transforming the Way You Think, Feel and Live. (2017), Your Life Still Counts: How God Uses Your Past To Create A Beautiful Future (2014) and Stressed Less Living: Finding God’s Peace In Your Chaotic World (2012). Love Life Again: Finding Joy When Life is Hard released in 2018. Tracie is a contributing author to the popular Zondervan NIV Women’s Devotional Bible, and the Proverbs 31 Encouragement for Today Daily Devotional Book, in addition to being a monthly contributing writer for the Proverbs 31 Ministries Encouragement for Today daily devotions which reach over one million people per day around the globe. In addition to her speaking and writing, Tracie is the Director of COMPEL Training at Proverbs 31 Ministries, has 3 adult children and lives in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson