Amy Joob and I talk about how to get unstuck in life and move forward into the season God has for you. Amy and her husband found themselves stuck in the recent pandemic and made the successful transition into a new path for their careers and ministry. She shares what she learned in the process.
Amy also shares how she moved forward from fears and hurts that had kept her stuck here: Are You Stuck? Right Alignment Will Get You Unstuck!
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- One of the keys to getting unstuck and moving forward is to be humble and accept help.
- Give yourself permission to grieve your losses.
- Getting unstuck requires being willing to change and adapt, in faith.
- When you’re really feeling stuck, consider a time of fasting and prayer.
- Getting unstuck often requires being intentional and willing to do something completely different.
- Getting unstuck requires us to surrender to God’s will and His way.
- Loss of favor in an old place of position may be a sign it’s time to step into the new.
- In the midst of pain, invite Jesus in to meet you in your pain.
- Psalm 73:23-24 NLT “Yet, I still belong to you; you are holding my right hand. You will keep on guiding me with your counsel; leading me to a glorious destiny.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 NIV “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Amy’s new 40-Day Prayer Journal, Unstuck: Step Into the New by Amy Joob
- Model Behavior: Make Your Career Path Your Calling by Amy Joob
- The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
- Fasting by Jentezen Franklin
- Fasting Edge by Jentezen Franklin
- The New Era by Lana Vawser
- Revive and Thrive Summit 1
- Revive and Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Amy Joob:
Website / Facebook / Instagram / LinkedIn
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Amy is a motivational speaker and an award winning author of Model Behavior: Make Your Career Path Your Calling (Redemption Press, 2019). Amy and her family are passionate about advocacy and she is the host of Support Someone Saturday, a podcast that highlights charities, ministries and non-profits across Chicago and the US. Amy and Eric live in the Chicago suburbs, have been married for over 20 years and are parents to Arianna and Asthton. Amy’s new 40-Day Prayer Journal, Unstuck: Step Into the New released on September 22, 2021. She hopes her family’s story will inspire you to get unstuck and move into the new season God has for you!
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
This is so good!! So appreciate Amy sharing with us from her own life experiences and about her books. She has had some difficult situations to deal with and the insights Father has shown her through her own seeking the Lord for His wisdom and direction, her prayers, her study and listening for Father’s voice is so very encouraging. Thank you, Amy and thank you, Dr. Michelle for this amazing podcast. So needed in this really crazy world right now. God has not lost His vision for us and His plans are good for us.
You are welcome Karen! Thank you so much for your feedback. Glad to hear that the podcast blessed & resonated with you. Praying you & your family are blessed mightily! ❤️