Today we’re going to be talking about how to improve mother/daughter relationships and the hope available for restoration and reconciliation. Mother/daughter relationships can be so painful, and especially with Mother’s Day coming up, we can have a tendency to mourn what we don’t have in our own mother/daughter relationship. If you struggle in your mother/daughter relationship, or have been desiring an improved relationship, then you’ll want to stick this program out to the last minute. Experts in mother/daughter relationship reconciliation and restoration, Blythe Daniel and Dr. Helen McIntosh join us to share what they learned, and the lessons they penned in “Mended: Restoring the Hearts of Mothers and Daughters.”
Blythe shares more about restoring mother daughter relationships in: The Package of Words: A Gift for Mom.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
Isaiah 61:4 Then they will rebuild the ancient ruins, they will raise up the former devastations; and they will repair the ruined cities, the desolations of many generations.
Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Mended: Restoring the Hearts of Mothers and Daughters by Blythe Daniel and Dr. Helen McIntosh
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guests and Host:
Connect with Blythe Daniel and Dr. Helen McIntosh at:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Blythe Daniel is a literary agent and marketer with more than 20 years of experience in publishing. She has written for Proverbs 31 Ministries, Focus on the Family, Ann Voskamp, Christian Retailing, and she links bloggers with readers through the agency’s blog network. The daughter of Dr. Helen McIntosh, she lives in Colorado with her husband and three children.
Dr. Helen McIntosh (EdD, Counseling Psychology) is a counselor, speaker, educator, and author of Messages to Myself and Eric, Jose & The Peace Rug. Her work has appeared in Guideposts, ParentLife, and HomeLife magazines. She resides in Georgia with her husband Jim. They have two children and five grandchildren.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson