Susan Neal, RN, and I talk about how to improve your health and weight by focusing on the foods you consume. We talk about root causes of health issues like candida and gluten intolerance and different ways we can maximize our health. Susan Neal, RN, MBA, MHS is a certified health and wellness coach whose background in nursing and health services led her to seek new ways to educate and coach people to overcome health challenges. Her passion and mission are to improve the health of Americans.
Susan also shares some dangers and problems with today’s foods here: Top Four Problems with Today’s Foods
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- 50% of Americans have a chronic illness or diagnosis.
- 42% of Americans are obese.
- Root causes of disordered eating include candida overgrowth, food addiction, and stress eating.
- Ways to improve our health including removing triggers, get accountability, and get dopamine through activities other than eating sugar (a hug, singing, walking in nature, etc.)
- Look at your plate. If most or all of it comes from the garden or ranch, you’re probably eating pretty healthy.
- Ephesians 5:18: “Don’t drink too much wine, for many evils lie along that path be filled instead with the Holy Spirit and controlled by him.” Use the specific scripture you chose to bind the strong man every time he tempts you. Write this verse on an index card and memorize it.
- James 4:7 (NIV): “Submit yourself to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you.”
- There is a secret to resisting the devil—you must first submit yourself to God. How in the world do you do that? In my experience, you no longer do your will but God’s will by submitting your life to him.
- Luke 10:19: Jesus told his disciples, “Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy” If you are a disciple of Jesus, you can accept the authority he gave you.
- In the book of Acts, the apostles healed and worked miracles in the name of Jesus. Using the name of Jesus is key to binding the strong man of addiction because then you operate under Jesus’s authority.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Solving the Gluten Puzzle by Susan Neal
- 7 Steps to Get Off Sugar and Carbohydrates by Susan Neal
- Christian Study Guide for 7 Steps to Get Off Sugar and Carbohydrates by Susan Neal
- Healthy Living Journal by Susan Neal
- Healthy Living Series: 3 Books in 1 by Susan Neal
- Eat God’s Food: A Kid’s Guide to Healthy Eating by Susan Neal
- Seeing Our Health and Body from God’s Perspective – Episode 138
- Food Temptation: How I Gained Victory
- How Does Exercise Reduce Stress?
- Health Rules We Need to Break for Our Good – Episode 133
- How To Give Yourself GRACE in Your Health
- Hope for Healthy Living – Episode 65
- Weight Loss Journey: Hope for a Healthy Body, Mind, and Soul – Episode 104
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Susan Neal, RN: Website
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Susan U. Neal, RN, MBA, MHS, is an author, speaker, and certified health and wellness coach whose background in nursing and health services led her to seek new ways to educate and coach people to overcome health challenges. Her passion and mission are to improve the health of Americans.
Her award-winning Healthy Living Series includes: 7 Steps to Get Off Sugar and Carbohydrates, Christian Study Guide for 7 Steps to Get Off Sugar and Carbohydrates, Healthy Living Journal (awarded “2019 Best Inspirational Gift Book”), Healthy Living Series: 3 Books in 1. Her latest publication is Solving the Gluten Puzzle.