We all go through difficult times that snatch our very breath, and steal our laughter. Rhonda Stoppe and I talk about how God views joy and how to laugh out loud when life is hard. Rhonda (the “No Regrets Woman”) has experienced her share of heartache. She shares what she learned about the value of laughter even when life is hard.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Fighting for joy by counting our blessings rather than our concerns is key.
- The Lord knows what is on your horizon and He will equip you ahead of time.
- When Scripture tells us to “rejoice in the Lord,” it’s not rejoicing in the trial but in the character of God.
- Joy is different than happiness which depends on our circumstances. Joy is a deep-seeded confidence that my life is in God’s hands.
- It is the Word of God that will speak to your life when you don’t know what to do or where to go when life is hard.
- The God of the Bible takes what was meant for evil and produces good.
- Happiness increases and decreases based on our circumstances and feelings. Rejoicing in the Lord is a constant because we know He is in control.
- Joy that comes with gratitude is genuine joy.
- Nehemiah 8:10 ESV “The joy of the Lord is our strength.”
- Philippians 4:4-7 ESV “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Real-Life Romance: Inspiring Stories to Help You Believe in True Love by Rhonda Stoppe
- Moms Raising Sons to be Men by Rhonda Stoppe
- If My Husband Would Change, I’d Be Happy: And Other Myths Women Believe by Rhonda Stoppe
- The Marriage Mentor: Becoming the Couple You Long to Be by Rhonda Stoppe
- A Christian Woman’s Guide to Great Sex in Marriage by Rhonda Stoppe
- Desiring God by John Piper
- When I am Afraid by Edward T. Welch
- Joni: An Unforgettable Story by Joni Eareckson Tada
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Rhonda Stoppe:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Rhonda Stoppe is the NO REGRETS WOMAN. With more than 30 years’ experience helping women build no regrets lives. “I could have listened to Rhonda talk all night, “ is what audiences say about Rhonda’s enthusiastic, humorous, transparent teaching, and zeal as an evangelist.
She’s committed to fulfill the Titus 2:4 commission by mentoring, teaching and writing books that are inspiring, grounded in Scripture and easy to read––like you’re visiting with a friend over coffee.
Rhonda is the author of 6 books and appears on numerous radio programs including: Focus on the Family, Family Life Today and Dr. James Dobson’s FamilyTalk, & hosts The No Regrets Hour. She’s an evangelist and speaker at women’s events, College Women’s Chapel, Pastor’s Wives Conferences, MOPs and Homeschool Conventions. Sharing the gospel at her NoRegretsWoman Conference is her sweet spot. Rhonda is a regular contributor for Crosswalk and many other magazines.
Rhonda ministers alongside her husband Steve, who for 20 years has pastored First Baptist Church of Patterson, California. They live out their own Real Life Romance writing books and speaking at their No Regrets Marriage Conferences, but their favorite ministry is their family. They have four grown children and 10 grandchildren. To learn more about Rhonda’s speaking topics, watch her teaching and to book Rhonda for your next event visit: NoRegretsWoman.com
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson