- In this episode, we talk about how to live a life of purpose. You can find your God-given purpose even when you feel lost. If you’ve ever wondered how to find your purpose, or what it even is, you won’t want to miss this episode with Dr. Kris Reece. Our guest is an expert in this area and will be sharing practical tips with us for living a life of purpose.
Kris shared more about stepping into God’s purpose for your life in this post: 3 Ways to Step into God’s Purpose for Your Life
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- God can and will do exceedingly, abundantly, above what you could ask hope or think. He desires to reveal your purpose even more than you desire to fulfill it.
- Proverbs 25:2 reminds us that it is the glory of God to conceal a matter, it is the glory of kings to search it out. God wants to take us on a journey of discovery. On that journey is where we find, truth, purpose and HIM.
- We cannot find our “do” until we know our “be.”
- Our purpose often isn’t pretty, but it’s perfectly ours.
- 3 Ways God often reveals our purpose: positioning, prodding, and pulling.
- Two common barriers to our purpose: trouble-free thinking and sensational thinking.
- We may miss our purpose because we are focusing too much on our career.
- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Proverbs 25:2 “It is God’s privilege to conceal things, and the king’s privilege to discover them.”
- Psalm 139:13 “You have made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.”
- Ephesians 3:20 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Make it Matter—A Roadmap to Living a Life of Purpose by Kris Reece
- A Free 5 Day Created With Purpose Devotional
- A Free Guide Uncover Your God Given Purpose
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Dr. Kris Reece:
Website / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Kris Reece holds a Ph.D in Christian Counseling and a Masters Degree in Theology.
As a Counselor, Coach, Author and practical Bible Teacher, her passion is to help others defeat life’s devils, grow in their faith, and become everything they were created to be.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
This message was beautiful! I have learned over time my purpose planned and equipped by my Father for me. I didn’t know what it was for so long as I grew in my relationship; with the Lord. I searched and sought Him for why and what He had for me but now I know and walk in it daily. I am an instrument of His love, encouragement and blessing in the lives of so many people. To some I am a friend; to others I am a mom; to others I am a light in the darkness and to all I am an ambassador of Christ. I share God’s love in many different ways but my purpose is to honor and glorify Him where He places me at any given moment. Led by the Spirit of God and equipped by His plans throughout my life, I know I am walking in my purpose. It has been a journey and that journey continues. Thank you Dr. Kris and Dr. Michelle for this message! So enjoyed both of you giving testimony and such practical helps in discovering our purpose, God’s purpose for us. .