Jenn Hand and I talk about how to move past fear and say yes to God, what it looks like to say yes to God, how fears can stop you, and how saying yes enables us to walk in faith into all God has for us to do.
Jenn shares how she learned to walk in faith when she encountered fear: Three Steps for Moving from Fear Stops to Faith Steps
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Putting your yes on the table begins with saying, “I want to say yes to God, but ____.” What is it that stops you from saying yes to God?
- We want to minister the hope of Christ on the holy ground of suffering.
- Faith is believing God in the dark for what you heard Him say in the light.
- Common “fear stops” are fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of not being enough, etc.
- We can get so caught up in watching other peoples’ race that we forget to pay attention to the race God has us running.
- As you put your “yes” on the table for God, consider writing out the word yes on paper, a post-it, even a rock, as a sign and a symbol of your desire to obediently say yes to Him.
- Joshua 1:9 ESV “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Isaiah 6:8 ESV “And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
- Matthew 28:16 ESV “Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[b] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Subscribe at ComingAliveMinistries.com and receive 4 free beautiful scripture lockscreens to help encourage you in your faith steps anytime you use your phone.
- My Yes is On the Table by Jenn Hand
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Today is Going to be a Good Day by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Jenn Hand:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Jennifer Hand is the Executive director of Coming Alive Ministries. She wishes she could sit down and have a strong cup of coffee with each of you and ask you what makes you come alive? The things that make Jenn come alive are strong coffee (did we mention Jenn loves coffee), Jesus (of course), collecting coffee mugs, missions around the world, and spoiling her nephews and nieces.
Jenn founded Coming Alive Ministries in 2012 and loves the honor of traveling nationally and internationally providing the invitation to come alive in Christ through conferences, retreats, written resources and counseling. Jenn has had the joy of serving in over 30 countries and speaking at around 40 ladies events a year. With her Master’s degree in trauma counseling, God has opened a unique door for Jenn to respond after natural disasters around the world, providing trauma counseling and the hope of Christ on the holy ground of suffering.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson