- Have you ever considered that our life is a series of doors? Our guest, Cindy LaFavre Yorks, helps unpack how to navigate God’s doors: the closed door, open door, side door, trap door, and locked door.
Cindy LaFavre Yorks also shares how she found hope as a special needs parent in this post: A Special Needs Mom Finds Hope in God’s Promises
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Isaiah 43:2 “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.”
- Revelation 21:4 “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
- Revelation 2:10 “Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.”
- John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The Side Door: Welcoming God’s Divine Detours by Cindy Yorks
- The Trap Door: Embracing God’s Divine Deliverance by Cindy Yorks
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Cindy LaFavre Yorks:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Cindy is an award-winning writer whose articles have appeared in the LATimes, New York Daily News, Chicago Tribune, Houston Chronicle, and People Magazine. After decades of covering fashion and the red carpet, she traded in her stilettos for sandals and entered into an unexpected door that led to special needs parenting. Married to husband Ben for 37 years, she is now the empty nested mother to two sons and lives in Southern California.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson