Have you been knocked down by life’s circumstances and are struggling to get back up? Join me with Dr. Mel Tavares as we talk about how to overcome adversity and rise from the ashes. Those things that seem impossible are not impossible when we’re working with God and cooperating with Him.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode for Overcoming Adversity:
- If we aren’t advancing in the battle, we are retreating.
- We have to serve our way out in order to rise up from our ashes. As we pour into others, our pain is redeemed.
- To be content, we have to let go of what we think we should have or deserve to have.
- Our circumstances don’t define us.
Scripture References on Overcoming Adversity:
- Matthew 17:20 (Amplified) He answered, “Because of your little faith [your lack of trust and confidence in the power of God]; for I assure you and most solemnly say to you, [a]if you have [living] faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and [if it is God’s will] it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.
- John 10:10 (NIV) The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
- 2 Corinthians 12:8-9 (NIV) Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Lessons From the River: A 30-Day Devotional by Dr. Mel Tavares
- Using Spiritual Warfare to Win the Battle Against Our Enemy – Episode 129
- How To Engage in Spiritual Warfare – Episode 97
- Spiritual Warfare is Real – Episode 93
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- 10 Minute Turnaround Courses: 10 Minutes a Day Unlocks the Secrets to Change Your Life
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- How To Help a Depressed Loved One free eBook
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Dr. Mel Tavares:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Dr. Mel has a unique 35-year concurrent background in church ministry, writing, publishing, counseling, and education. She holds a Doctorate of Ministry in Pastoral Care and Counseling and is on-staff in her local church, wearing multiple hats as the Pastoral Assistant. She is an award-winning author who has written four books penned under her name, is a contributing writer to several books including the (August 2021) DaySpring release “Sweet Tea for the Grieving Soul”, contributes to several online magazines including CBN and Inspiration Ministries, has served as a ghostwriter for ministry leaders, and coached dozens of published authors. Mel’s passion for equipping and teaching has led her to found a local ACW Chapter, teach at Writers Conferences, as well as Bible courses.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson