- In this episode, we talk about how to overcome grumbling, complaining, and general negativity. Think that’s impossible? Our guest, Tricia Goyer, shares how she and her family pursued the grumble-free year!
- Join us for a candid conversation about how grumbling and complaining is unhealthy for us, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We see plenty of examples in the Bible of people grumbling and complaining, and we also see that God plainly punished grumbling.
- No one likes to be around those who grumble and complain. But we can learn to defeat grumbling, complaining, and negativity, and Tricia Goyer teaches us how in this episode!
Tricia shared some additional thoughts on living grumble free on the blog: Nothing to Grumble About.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Psalm 106:25 “But grumbled in their tents; They did not listen to the voice of the Lord.”
- Philippians 2:14 “Do all things without grumbling of disputing.”
- 1 Peter 4:9 “Be hospitable to one another without complaint.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The Grumble-Free Year: Twelve Months, Eleven Family Members, and One Impossible Goal by Tricia Goyer
- Join Tricia’s free 30-day Grumble Free Challenge. TONS of great information and tips every day.
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Tricia Goyer:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Tricia Goyer is author of more than 70 books, she writes both fiction and nonfiction related to family and parenting. This USA-Today Best-selling Author has also won a two Carol Awards and a Retailer’s Best Award. She was also an ECPA Gold-Medallion Nominee and a Christy Award Nominee and won Writer of the Year from the Mt. Hermon Christian Writers Conference.
A beloved author of Amish fiction, as well, having written the Big Sky and Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors series. She has spoken at events such as MomCon, Raising Generations, and Teach Them Diligently conferences and is host of the podcast, Walk It Out.
A homeschooling mom of ten, including seven by adoption, Tricia is also a grandmother of four and wife to John. With a busy life she understands the importance of making every word count.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson