- Life is busy, and we’ve got plenty to do for our families, our jobs, and our ministries. But if we’re not careful, burnout can ensue. In this episode, my guest, Patty Scott, and I talk about how to overcome overwhelm. Life is constantly shifting and it can be difficult to find God in the midst of the storm. It is important to find our footing and seek God even when we think we don’t have time.
Patty also shares about how to live a life rooted in God’s love, grace and joy here: How Ceasing Striving is the Key to Thriving
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Look at the day at hand, it’s got enough trouble of its own. Don’t look ahead, it’s too big for you.
- Psalm 46:10 “Be still (cease striving) and know I am God.”
- Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- Isaiah 61:1 “…He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners…”
- Hebrews 4:9-11 “There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Slow Down, Mama: Intentional Living in a Hurried World by Patty Scott
- Slow Down, Mama: Thirty-One Days to Help You Slow and Savor by Patty Scott
- Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
- Life Without Lack: Living in the Fullness of Psalm 23 by Dallas Willard
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Patty Smith:
Website / Blog / Facebook Group / Facebook / Instagram / Amazon
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Patty writes, speaks, and coaches to encourage your heart, to share effective and transparent parenting tips, and to walk alongside you as you grow as a woman and a mom. Her writing is conversational and approachable. She shares from the heart to the heart. Patty and her husband have two boys aged 11 and 18 and a foster daughter who is now 21.
Patty loves coffee dates with friends, ministering to women, escaping into a good book, kayaking on the ocean, and taking spontaneous road trips. Her home and table are an intentional place of welcome.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson