Have you ever struggled with rejection? Rejection is a thread that runs through our personal lives and all throughout society. It shows up every day in the world and it’s up to us to change the way we respond to it and address it. Join me as I talk with Jessica Van Roekel about how to overcome rejection.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- I believe wholeheartedly that we experience struggles so that God can use us to help others.
- Rejection is a thread that runs through our personal lives and all throughout society.
- Perfectionism is a shield against joy.
- There are four types of rejection: Perceived, Actual, Unintentional, Intentional
- We allow others’ opinions too much room in our lives.
- I’ve discovered that rejection shows up every day in the world and it’s up to us to change the way we respond to it and address it.
- By welcoming his grace into their lives, others can know hope, joy, peace, forgiveness, and transformation.
- In order to break the cycle of rejection, we have to break it from the inside out.
- I discovered rejection is a tool God gives us to use in our Christian growth so that I can put off the thought patterns and behaviors that don’t honor him.
- Rejection proofing is not the goal, having the right perspective about rejection is.
- Deuteronomy 7:6 NIV “For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
- 1 Peter 2:9-10 NIV “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Reframing Rejection: How Looking Through a Different Lens Changes Everything By Jessica Van Roekel
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Jessica Van Roekel:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order book Today is Going to be a Good Day / Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Order Book Hope Prevails Bible Study / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Jessica is a worship leader, speaker, and writer who believes that through Jesus, personal histories don’t need to define the present or determine the future. She inspires, encourages, and equips others to look at life through the lenses of hope, trust, and God’s transforming grace. Jessica lives in rural Iowa surrounded by wide open spaces which remind her of God’s expansive love. She loves fun earrings, good coffee, and connecting with others.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson