Jennifer Dukes Lee and I talk about the advantages of slowing down to live life and how the most important things in life take the longest to grow. If you’re ready to make a break from fast-paced living and learn how to adopt a growing slow lifestyle, you won’t want to miss this episode.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- We are an output-driven society and we forget about the importance of what we take in.
- In order to live the fullest life by slowing down, pay attention to the things that really matter.
- Take time to appreciate what God is doing in each season.
- Most of us don’t appreciate winter, but winter offers the opportunity to rest, to celebrate what we’ve been through, and to heal.
- Time is our friend, not our enemy, and is to be cherished.
- God views time differently than we do. We tend to always be in a hurry, but God makes everything beautiful in its right time.
- Consider adopting habits of the unhurried: like lighting candles at dinner, walking around your gardens, lingering in conversation at the end of a church service.
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 NIV “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart.”
- Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.”
- 1 Corinthians 3:9 “You are God’s field.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl by Jennifer Dukes Lee
- Growing Slow Bible Study: A 6-week Guided Journey to Un-Hurrying Your Heart by Jennifer Dukes Lee
- It’s All Under Control: A Journey of Letting Go, Hanging On, and Finding a Peace You Almost Forgot Was Possible by Jennifer Dukes Lee
- It’s All Under Control Bible Study: A 6-Week Guided Journey by Jennifer Dukes Lee
- Love Idol: Letting Go of Your Need for Approval and Seeing Yourself through God’s Eyes by Jennifer Dukes Lee and Lisa-Jo Baker
- The Happiness Dare: Pursuing Your Heart’s Deepest, Holiest, and Most Vulnerable Desire by Jennifer Dukes Lee
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Today is Going to be a Good Day by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Jennifer Dukes Lee:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Jennifer Dukes Lee lives on the fifth-generation Lee family farm in Iowa, where she and her husband are raising crops, pigs, and two beautiful humans. She writes books, loves queso, and enjoys singing too loudly to songs with great harmony. Once upon a time, she didn’t believe in Jesus; now he’s her CEO. Find Jennifer at www.JenniferDukesLee.com and on Instagram at @JenniferDukesLee.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson