If we’ve lived long enough, many of us have gone through difficult friendships. Sometimes, we’ve endured friendships where we’re just not appreciated as much as we give out and others seem to die way too early. Some of those relationships can be some of the most painful experiences that we go through. Join me for this replay of an author interview with Mary DeMuth about her book, 7 Deadly Friendships.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- There can be redemption in a relationship that’s hard.
- No one should demand that you forgive on their timetable.
- If someone is really angry at me, I have prayed a lot, Lord, deliver them from their bitterness and give them the power to forgive me.
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean reconciliation.
- I believe that life is, life really is boiled down to our relationships.
- If someone is bringing you down and it’s affecting your relationship with God and your relationship with others, it’s important to recognize that for the sake of your own soul.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- 7 Deadly Friendships: How to Heal When Painful Relationships Eat Away at Your Joy by Mary DeMuth
- Find out if you are currently in one of the 7 toxic friendships by taking this quiz: The Deadly Friendship Quiz
- Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend
- Hope for Those Who Have Toxic Friends – Episode 14
- 10 Traits of Grace Based Friends Mary DeMuth
- What to Do When a Friendship Breaks Up
- Ask Dr. B: Surviving a Friend’s Betrayal
- Who Is Your Best Friend?
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- Subdue Stress and Anxiety: Fifteen Experts Offer Comprehensive Tools in Ten Minutes a Day. Use my link plus discount code BENG99 to save $90 on course (course will be $99.)
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
To connect with Mary DeMuth
Website / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / PrayEveryDay Podcast
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Guest: Mary DeMuth, author, speaker, podcaster
Mary DeMuth is an international speaker and podcaster, and she’s the novelist and nonfiction author of more than 40 books, translated into five languages. She loves to help people re-story their lives. She lives in Texas with her husband of 29 years and is the mom to three adult children. Find out more at marydemuth.com, or be prayed for on her daily prayer podcast prayeveryday.show. For sexual abuse resources, visit wetoo.org.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
Great episode ladies. I truly appreciated your message.
Visiting today from IMM #1,2&3
I especially liked that you spoke about asking God to give others the grace to 4give us, no matter who was right or wrong. Each person’s perspective may not change so we each need forgiveness from the other in order to continue with the friendship. Treasured gems here…