I talk with Meg Glesener about the importance of sharing our stories. Meg lived a hard life of childhood abuse, alcoholism, berating, and abandonment, yet through her trials she learned the value of our individual stories. Sharing your story is powerful! Join us for encouragement that comes from an extraordinary story of faith.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- God has taught me that we don’t have to prove ourselves loveable to Him. He loves us regardless.
- It’s not time to share our story with others until we are no longer reliving the pain of it.
- Sharing our story with others, whether one or many, is planting seeds of courage in them to do the same.
- Psalm 147:3 ESV “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
- Romans 11:4 ESV “But what was the divine response to him? I have kept for myself seven thousand people who have not bent the knee to Baal.” (Elijah felt sooooo alone in his pain and struggle. But he wasn’t. And we aren’t either.)
- John 14:3 ESV “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- How Testimonies in the Bible Bolster Your Faith During Hard Times
- You Have a Story to Tell – Episode 73
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- Subdue Stress and Anxiety: Fifteen Experts Offer Comprehensive Tools in Ten Minutes a Day. Use my link plus discount code BENG99 to save $90 on course (course will be $99.)
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Meg Glesener:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Meg Glesener is the host and producer of the Letters From Home Podcast, where she publishes every other week for your encouragement, “Everyday Extraordinary Faith Stories”. Her podcast can be found on Spotify, Amazon, Stitcher and all of the places podcasts live, including most social media platforms. She and her husband Mike, and their youngest 3 kids live and serve in Seattle, Washington.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson